Meteor Garden Disclaimer --Y.
To be clear, I do not condone the verbal abuse and the physical/sexual assault actions of the actors involved, yet I find myself deeply compelled to watch what happens next. As a mom of boys, women and girls need to be treated with respect, no means NO and this is where I slink off the moral podium and fall back into my day-dreaming ways…like “what is Daoming Si doing?”
To also be clear, I do not have time for this. I’m an executive at a public company with a demanding job, 3 young kids, married to my dream husband who owns his own business – so I’m busy, literally writing this as I wait in the parking lot to pick up 1 son from Chinese school…yet somehow Meteor Garden has made its way into my life, and it’s here to stay.
The risks you take watching this show:
· High probability of neglecting your children (if you have any)
· Personal hygiene may fall to the wayside
· You’ll catch yourself humming their theme song at random moments of the day, and if you didn’t like the song “Say Something (I’m Giving Up On You)” by A Great Big World, you’re in for a world of hurt. That’s me.
· You’ll wonder if life will ever be the same, once you’re done watching the series
On the plus side:
· My mandarin has improved quite a bit, and "Dà Bèndàn” is now a more rated PG expression I can use for @#$!-heads
· I have lost more than 2 pounds, forcing myself to exercise when watching the show
· I have connected with friends near and far, from my childhood to my adult life, and have woven them into this Meteor Garden ---Weeds, we are. (You’ll understand this after you watch the show).
If this is how my mid-life crisis is going to manifest itself, so be it.
Nice reading, I love your content. This is really a fantastic and informative post. Keep it up and if you are looking for Higher Chinese then visit Chinese DistinctionReplyDelete
This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.! Best learning mandarin service provider.ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing about your life and the things that matter to you. Many women successfully balance between their work and house responsibilities. Also when it comes to educate and help kids in their studies then also women play a big role. Learning new skills whether it a musical instrument, dance, or even if it is learning mandarin, keeps one motivated and fresh up mind also. Many people get benefitted from watching movies and serials in the way of learning a particular language. Many people know about it but forget to apply and utilize their movie-watching time. Thanks for triggering that idea. Good Luck!ReplyDelete
This is excellent information which is shared by you. This information is meaningful and magnificent for us to increase our knowledge about it. Keep sharing this kind of information. Thank you. garden design consultation LondonReplyDelete